It is the most enigmatic deck and the one with the most history, as well as being the most popular in the world, just after the Egyptian one that also became popular, although the most interesting version and that has lasted the longest is the updated Nicolas Conver. in 1760. The Nicolas tarot is practically where all the other versions of the Marseilles tarot were based.
This tarot is one of the most traditional, its illustrations are medieval and its numbering in Roman numerals and the names of each card are written in French at the bottom of each card.
Free Marseille tarot reading
You just have to choose three clicks on the cards to reveal your reading. The first letter tells us about the past, the second about the past and the third about what could happen.
Please select three cards
◁ Temperance ▷
The Temperance card advises you to identify and seek the missing ingredients in your life. Marshal your known skills and abilities and do what needs to be done to complete your mission.
Prepare to use spiritual practices, studies, or lifestyle changes that can assist you in your quest. A tremendous amount of benefit is available if you can organize yourself and be disciplined at this time.
◁ Temperance – Reversed Position ▷
The Temperance card reversed suggests that you are in danger of giving up on yourself. Something is making you feel apathetic and ignore what you deeply want and need.
You may be morbidly overemphasizing the chaos and disruption that would come with change and growth rather than focusing on the regeneration and liberation that could be yours. Try to carve out a day in which you do only activities that make you happy. Eat well and get some rest, then take another look at your life. If you do not gain a better perspective, seek help.
◁ The Chariot ▷
The Chariot advises that you be prepared for changes that might include a move or an opportunity to travel. The Charioteer travels light and stays open to fresh experiences that change with every valley or mountain pass.
You may be asked to live out of a suitcase and consider every place your home for a while. Be receptive to new people who come into your life. Most especially, become more fluid and taste the joys of freedom. The Charioteer is nothing if not self-sufficient.
◁ The Chariot – Reversed Position ▷
When this card is reversed, it suggests that you may balk when you know you need to pick up the reins and take responsibility for setting your life in motion.
You know you could instigate change, but you haven’t yet chosen to move toward it. You may be holding back for what feels like good reasons, but nothing is actually being imposed upon you; you do have other options. Own your own inner resistance instead of blaming circumstances.
◁ The Emperor ▷
When the Emperor arises, he advises you get in touch with your inner sovereignty and natural self-possession. Realize that somewhere deep inside you is the memory of royalty. Reach within to find that strain of natural nobility and leadership. These innate qualities will help you manage your current situation.
The Emperor suggests that you have the necessary abilities to be the final authority. This situation is an opportunity to showcase your competence and skill. Act with the confidence of someone who knows how to take care of business.
◁ The Emperor – Reversed Position ▷
When the Emperor card is reversed, there may be a tendency to behave like a petty tyrant, insisting on being indulged, served and flattered. This emperor prefers his own version of events to what is actually true and as such risks losing the respect of his people.
Try to curb whatever arrogance might be distorting your point of view. Remember that, though the emperor looks like the king, he is the servant of everyone in his realm. If he doesn’t serve well, the negative impact of his own defects are what will bring him down.
The mystical and powerful Tarot of Marseilles
The tarot deck consists of Major and Minor Arcana and is well known and practiced with it throughout the world. Its origin is not very clear, since many countries used its magical and mystical symbolism. There are innumerable theories, but none of them clearly points to the origin of the Tarot.
The Tarot is not only linked to divination, but also to connect man with wisdom. Esoteric people use the Tarot to facilitate their communication and obtain more precise answers from the spiritual plane.
The meaning of the tarot cards is associated with everyday life situations, since they have messages (direct or indirect) that, after being interpreted, help in our evolution and growth, in search of our deep interior. Each number or figure symbolizes an aspect of human consciousness or an experience to live.
The Tarot consists of 78 cards in total, 22 of which are Major Arcana and 56 are Minor Arcana (divided into four suits with 14 cards each).
There is a letter that is that of the “crazy” that depending on the printed edition this will be numbered with “0” or “22” or it may not even be numbered. The rectum of the 56 cards will be the Minor Arcana, which in turn will be divided into 4 groups of 14.
What are the Major Arcana of the Tarot?
The 22 letters that make up this group are the most important, and as their name says: they express the greatest mysteries, with a profound teaching, something in which we cannot interfere in its course and part of us, and of our nature will be understood and revealed.
The Major Arcana are also called Triumph and at the moment of reading them they exert great influence, since their energies have meanings of spiritual searches, portraying psychological aspects of our personality.
Cards of the minor arcana of the tarot of marseille
The minor arcana are the 56 remaining cards of the deck that, as we previously said, were divided into 4 groups of which three of them are numbered with Roman numerals, wands, cups, and swords and the other unnumbered group that are the golds, and There is a remaining of the deck that are the Honors or Figures, these are 14 cards that are arranged in the following way, the jacks, the horses, the queens and the kings with a total of 78 cards.
Meaning of the 4 groups of card suits in the minor arcana
- Oros , a letter with a very strong authority, foreshadows money and a commitment to something or someone and, most importantly, it tells us about the health of some disease or something temporary, it can also talk about dominant people with material and miserable interests.
- Wands or Wands, speak to us of strength, hunches, authority and work, like clovers and clubs. He also tells us about the land, the virility of men and their bad aggressiveness.
- Swords , means movement, war, fight for something with courage doing justice for something, but beware that this card is of hypocrisy, greed and ultimately very bad omens.
- Cups , quite the opposite, to the previous love letter, joy is a letter that speaks to us of mercy and faith and is very optimistic and speaks of a lot of generosity around us.
The Marseilles tarot cards, depending on the group they belong to, have masculine or feminine characteristics depending on the color, etc.
The female cards bear the Roman numerals II, IV, VI, VIII.
Male cards bear the Roman numerals III, V, VII, IX and each card with its number has the following meaning:
- AS (I) these letters represent the beginnings, person with determination with impulse in something that is beginning with a lot of effort.
- Two (II), it is warning us of balance and disappointment, when it appears in the reading it is telling us that we will not be able to continue forward while the balance is not right.
- Tres (III), tells us about the influence that some people have in our lives in many aspects such as work, emotions, etc. Above all, this letter refers to communication as we have seen.
- Table (IV), tells us that the time has come to rest and pause to be able to continue later where we left off.
- Fives (V), are negative letters that tell us about negativity, losses, fights, etc. What we must face in life.
- Sixes (IV), indicate that there is a great growth, that we will jump any obstacle that is put in our way and we will gain confidence in ourselves and we will overcome all the obstacles that were and that are presented to us.
- Seven (VII), are letters that tell us that we must have faith in ourselves and in the world around us, things are happening that we do not know why, but we do not have to worry about confidence in ourselves and the truth will help us fix it.
- Eight (VIII), are letters that tell us about work and the changes that exist, that if we want to achieve our goals we must give those changes to our life
- Nine (IX), these letters tell us about friction between people, things will happen that some of us like more than others.
- Ten (X), the gods announce that a cycle is closing, they tell us about the pros and cons that we have had as a result of overwork, which will be positive or negative depending on the suit of cards that comes out.