It is the most enigmatic deck and the one with the most history, as well as being the most popular in the world, just after the Egyptian one that also became popular, although the most interesting version and that has lasted the longest is the updated Nicolas Conver. in 1760. The Nicolas tarot is practically where all the other versions of the Marseilles tarot were based.
This tarot is one of the most traditional, its illustrations are medieval and its numbering in Roman numerals and the names of each card are written in French at the bottom of each card.
Free Marseille tarot reading
You just have to choose three clicks on the cards to reveal your reading. The first letter tells us about the past, the second about the past and the third about what could happen.
Please select three cards
◁ The Lovers ▷
The Lovers card advises that you study your options and make the wisest choice. Carefully consider your long-term interests. There is no judgment on what you choose to keep from the array of possibilities before you. Just watch out for choices that will produce dissatisfaction and discontent.
Be willing to make some compromises, then stick with the commitments you finally make. Trust your intuition along with your rational intellect, and once you make your choice, carry it out with conviction.
◁ The Lovers – Reversed Position ▷
The Lovers card reversed may indicate that you are going along with a divided situation because you have a vested interest in opposition. You can’t resolve this situation until you own up to your own double standard.
Admit the resistance you feel, instead of proceeding halfheartedly or with unspoken resentments. In such an important area of your life, you should not just go along to get along.
◁ The Moon ▷
The Moon card advises that you trust your instincts and intuitions. Your aboriginal body, which is connected to all living things, is sharper and quicker than the cultivated, civilized self. The everyday mind may not be prepared for strange oceanic circumstances. Plus, it has no game plan. Your intuitive body will support you unerringly if you do not interfere with or try to control what you perceive. A better approach would be to meditate. Try to just be a witness. Do nothing; let nature carry you forward. This may be your best option in this situation.
◁ The Moon – Reversed Position ▷
The Moon card reversed suggests that you might be deluding yourself, exaggerating or embellishing your version of a situation. Consider whether you are repeating an emotional, dramatic rendition of events rather than keeping to the bare facts.
The temptation to let yourself be swept away emotionally or psychically is understandable, but it doesn’t help you find your balanced center in chaotic times.
◁ Strength ▷
The Strength card advises that you assertively discipline yourself and separate self interest from enlightened wisdom. Deliberately identify with your intuition, even if it works against the desires of your willful ego.
Demand and expect the same from others who have some power in this situation. You cannot challenge them to live to a higher standard if you, yourself, have not yet done so. Influence others by setting an example of integrity. Your self-esteem will increase to the degree that you succeed in your efforts.
◁ Strength – Reversed Position ▷
The Strength card reversed suggests that you are in a position where you have little power to affect behavior. No amount of modeling, persuasion or leadership will affect the out-of-control, untamed force that is set loose.
Subtleties are overlooked, and the inducements which have served in the past to reward order may meet with scorn. You may have to lay low and do what you can to preserve yourself, and let this upside down time blow over.
The mystical and powerful Tarot of Marseilles
The tarot deck consists of Major and Minor Arcana and is well known and practiced with it throughout the world. Its origin is not very clear, since many countries used its magical and mystical symbolism. There are innumerable theories, but none of them clearly points to the origin of the Tarot.
The Tarot is not only linked to divination, but also to connect man with wisdom. Esoteric people use the Tarot to facilitate their communication and obtain more precise answers from the spiritual plane.
The meaning of the tarot cards is associated with everyday life situations, since they have messages (direct or indirect) that, after being interpreted, help in our evolution and growth, in search of our deep interior. Each number or figure symbolizes an aspect of human consciousness or an experience to live.
The Tarot consists of 78 cards in total, 22 of which are Major Arcana and 56 are Minor Arcana (divided into four suits with 14 cards each).
There is a letter that is that of the “crazy” that depending on the printed edition this will be numbered with “0” or “22” or it may not even be numbered. The rectum of the 56 cards will be the Minor Arcana, which in turn will be divided into 4 groups of 14.
What are the Major Arcana of the Tarot?
The 22 letters that make up this group are the most important, and as their name says: they express the greatest mysteries, with a profound teaching, something in which we cannot interfere in its course and part of us, and of our nature will be understood and revealed.
The Major Arcana are also called Triumph and at the moment of reading them they exert great influence, since their energies have meanings of spiritual searches, portraying psychological aspects of our personality.
Cards of the minor arcana of the tarot of marseille
The minor arcana are the 56 remaining cards of the deck that, as we previously said, were divided into 4 groups of which three of them are numbered with Roman numerals, wands, cups, and swords and the other unnumbered group that are the golds, and There is a remaining of the deck that are the Honors or Figures, these are 14 cards that are arranged in the following way, the jacks, the horses, the queens and the kings with a total of 78 cards.
Meaning of the 4 groups of card suits in the minor arcana
- Oros , a letter with a very strong authority, foreshadows money and a commitment to something or someone and, most importantly, it tells us about the health of some disease or something temporary, it can also talk about dominant people with material and miserable interests.
- Wands or Wands, speak to us of strength, hunches, authority and work, like clovers and clubs. He also tells us about the land, the virility of men and their bad aggressiveness.
- Swords , means movement, war, fight for something with courage doing justice for something, but beware that this card is of hypocrisy, greed and ultimately very bad omens.
- Cups , quite the opposite, to the previous love letter, joy is a letter that speaks to us of mercy and faith and is very optimistic and speaks of a lot of generosity around us.
The Marseilles tarot cards, depending on the group they belong to, have masculine or feminine characteristics depending on the color, etc.
The female cards bear the Roman numerals II, IV, VI, VIII.
Male cards bear the Roman numerals III, V, VII, IX and each card with its number has the following meaning:
- AS (I) these letters represent the beginnings, person with determination with impulse in something that is beginning with a lot of effort.
- Two (II), it is warning us of balance and disappointment, when it appears in the reading it is telling us that we will not be able to continue forward while the balance is not right.
- Tres (III), tells us about the influence that some people have in our lives in many aspects such as work, emotions, etc. Above all, this letter refers to communication as we have seen.
- Table (IV), tells us that the time has come to rest and pause to be able to continue later where we left off.
- Fives (V), are negative letters that tell us about negativity, losses, fights, etc. What we must face in life.
- Sixes (IV), indicate that there is a great growth, that we will jump any obstacle that is put in our way and we will gain confidence in ourselves and we will overcome all the obstacles that were and that are presented to us.
- Seven (VII), are letters that tell us that we must have faith in ourselves and in the world around us, things are happening that we do not know why, but we do not have to worry about confidence in ourselves and the truth will help us fix it.
- Eight (VIII), are letters that tell us about work and the changes that exist, that if we want to achieve our goals we must give those changes to our life
- Nine (IX), these letters tell us about friction between people, things will happen that some of us like more than others.
- Ten (X), the gods announce that a cycle is closing, they tell us about the pros and cons that we have had as a result of overwork, which will be positive or negative depending on the suit of cards that comes out.